LMFAO

Wow. Y’know, I love “Penny Arcade” as a general rule, but I can’t remember the last time I literally laughed out loud at one of their strips the way I just did at this most-recent one:

10 thoughts on “LMFAO

1. Ghostmayhem says:

😐

Wow, that’s fucked up.
    It’s funny, yes, but that’s like including Advil in the “Dark Knight” Limited Edition Blu-Ray…

I must say, though, the headline of the Strip (“Maybe Too Soon”) not only Makes this joke, but helps ease the fact that they just made a Cobain joke…

…Don’t think I don’t like it, though. Hilarious stuff.

xD

(PS: Sorry if I double-posted)

Myself I had to think about it for a while before it clicked. Just not a Nirvana fan I guess.

I wonder if it’s a double poke. Cobain, and the fact that the “morality police” were accusing Nirvana of hiding “secret” messages in their songs encouraging suicide. One of which you supposedly had to play the song backwards to hear “do the shotgun”.

It’s a bit of a dig against the rating too, considering some of the songs that come with these systems that overall are rated “T”. The “news” attached to the comic makes a good point. Do we really want these songs on games sold to kids? I don’t think for a second that kids playing RB are going to follow in Cobain’s ultimate footsteps just from playing, but really, do I want my kids singing the lyrics to “Smells like Teen Spirit”?

4. Bob says:

See, thing is… With rare exception “kids” today generally feel about Nirvana and their lyrics the way my generation felt about the “shocking!!!” Dylan stuff from my parents’ era.

Trust me on this: One day, I’ll be explaining to my kids that Marilyn Manson – whom they will know as “that nice man on TV shilling for the Time Life 90s Rock Collection” – was once considered INCREDIBLY edgy; and they’ll be looking at me like I’ve got two heads.

5. tyra menendez says:

it’s also ironic because that’s the last thing cobain would want: the ultimate commercialization of his music in the form of a video game. odd that no one seemed to pick that out.
    i mean, is it me, or is metallica just another band of whores for not only releasing a “guitar hero: metallica”, put also appearing in said commercial?

6. tyra menendez says:

i personally didn’t, but there are those who cling to an antiquated model. it’s just a penultimate proof; like going into space and actually seeing that the earth is round and that it orbits around the sun.