Escape to the Movies: "Jennifer’s Body"

Be honest, you kinda saw this coming…

Incidentally, my screening was preceeded by a trailer for something called “Transylmania,” which – despite what you may assume (as I did) from the evidence at hand – is apparently an actual thing:

So who exactly was it that was crying-out for “This Generation’s Transylvania 6-5000?” A little research tells me this is apparently the third sequel to the direct-to-DVD “National Lampoon’s Dorm Daze” franchise, which I guess has some sort of following I wasn’t aware of?

9 thoughts on “Escape to the Movies: "Jennifer’s Body"

1. David says:

/golf claps.

I never understood the appeal of megan fox either. My sister keep going on about how crazy it is that I don't find her hot, and all i can say is that she just didn't do anything for me. Speaking with another female friend (gloriously immune to the twilight bug, thank god) we eventually hit on what makes megan fox so off putting.

She's like they tried to make angelina jolie out of spare parts and only got half way done.

There's nothing special about her…aside from her freakish hands.

2. joemello04 says:

+1 for the surprisingly fitting Tenchi Muyo reference, another series that needed to stay in the 90's. Granted, it's 90's incarnations are still amusing, but the 00's versions…not so much.

3. Saladin5 says:

Most people actually “believe ” Megan fox is hot because: that's how they present her and all men just agree(like none would ever say they cant see the kings new clothes)also is not that hard to impress a boy(or girl, or mostly girls) if you just tell them that's how they “suppose” to act its just the marketing surrounding her.
    Also MAJOR importance have you see her in “How to Lose Friends & Alienate People” she just unbelievable just nails the part(yes two “just”) and if u get why they pick her for that part (you will,trust me) it's Funny, at the least.

4. Drunken Lemur says:

I refuse to believe that Transylmania exists, for the same reason that I don't believe in toddler beauty pageants. Because I have faith in humanity, and know that a just and loving god would not allow this. Then I walk in to my sister's room, and see her watching “Toddlers and Tiaras” and remember why I'm an atheist.

5. RocMegamanX says:

The review was OK, but I seriously have to disagree with the whole “Transformers sucked” thing. At least I enjoyed it and at least it HAD Transformers AND Optimus Prime AND Peter Cullen.

6. tyra menendez says:

all i had seen fox in was transformers, so i really didn't get why everyone ragged on her about being not-that-hot as well as utterly talentless. i agreed with the not-that-hot, but then i don't get half (or more) of the tarts and starlets and models that drug out before us and held on a pedestal as if we're supposed to fall to our knees in worship of their hotness.
    i didn't really notice her in transformers because i was too busy being pissed off for other reasons… i figured she was relatively untalented but tolerable. then i saw the trailer for this movie.