Comicbookmovie has what most are calling a not-terribly-reliable post up supposedly outlining the Spider-Man Reboot. Hopefully phony, because it’s pretty terrible – reading like nothing so much as John Byrne’s “Spider-Man: Chapter One” debacle.
Details (potential spoilers – if they can be called that) after the jump…
– No described “origin” scene, but it’s a reboot anyway: high-school setting, new status-quo, loads of flashbacks adding to the backstory, but he’s already Spider-Man as it opens.
– One “named” baddie, Lizard, but references and teases about others. Nels Van Adder and Norman Osborn are onhand but not “powered” as yet.
– New “mission statement” for Spider-Man involving solving cold-cases.
– Flashback-driven “B-Story” involving, as reported previously, Peter Parkers dead parents. The piece is vauge, but they seem to be either spies, cops or some sort of activists.
– Flashbacks and sequel-tease finale set up Osborn as already being the “man behind the curtain” of all the badness, much like he’s been over the past decade of comic continuity.
– Y’know that stupid, ill-advised “twist” they always end up adding to hero/villain relationships like in Burton’s Batman, Daredevil, Spider-Man 3 etc that NEVER works? Yeah, it pulls a version of that.
All or most of this is almost-certainly fake… but whaddaya want, it’s a slow news week.