15 thoughts on “"Fat Kid Rules The World"

1. Taylor says:

So Bob, and I don't want this to sound like trolling or insulting… but why is THIS interesting and not “white middle-class privileged ennui” like Mumblecore is supposed to be?

So….Lillard has gone from starring in teen movies to directing them now? Well, at least he's sticking to what he knows for his feature-length directorial debut. It'll be interesting to see how this works out.

3. Sebastian says:

Matthew Lillard was surprisingly good in The Descendants. Not great, but far from his eye-clutchingly horrible earlier “performances”. Like Wing Commander. Holy Fucking Hell, Wing Commander.

4. Chris Cesarano says:

It doesn't look bad, but I can't convince myself to see it in theaters.

Then again, I'm not much into punk rock, or what it became in the 90's/aughts (basically “Hey everyone let's all sound like Green Day, only even less inspired”).

Now if it was New Wave of British Heavy Metal…

5. maninahat says:

Well, these things are a step in the right direction, but in the end, these sorts of movies just reiterate how a fat person can't be in a story, without their character revolving entirely around the issue of being fat.

Well we know why it would be COMPELLING for Bob at least.

Even though it is nothing more than escapist fantasy for fat white bullied kids.

7. Amethyst says:

Meh. Maybe I'll give a crap about these kids of movies when they make the “fat dumpy kid becomes cool via pluck, tenacity and creative personal development” a GIRL.

yeah i'm gonna see this one. it first peeked my interest when I saw Lillard's kickstarter page about it. when i stumbled in to punk rock it was the first time in my life I felt I belonged anywhere. no longer was I a white trash retard I was someone with a voice that mattered. I fell ass over tea kettle in love with this folk music for angry people. so punk rock movies are without a doubt my guilty pleasure and if you tag on a coming of age story to it well I'm swooning.

Man I gotta go break out my old Screeching Weasel records.