"South Park" Ribbing

I’m a “South Park” fan, but everyone could use a little dressing down now and then.

Honestly, I whipped this up one night awhile ago and never put it on The Tubes because I didn’t think it came out AS cutting or funny as I wanted it to be, overall. But the music I found makes it work out better, I think… but maybe I’m wrong. You tell me…

17 thoughts on “"South Park" Ribbing

Wow, you haven't watched South Park in awhile have you bob?
    I guess you want to put that time machine to use after how much you paid for it.

And now, every South Park fan comment ever:

WAAAAAAH!!! There wasnt enough Cartman in this, so its the worst thing ever! And its gay! We want another Scott Tenomran episode!

3. appocalypseplz says:

The irony of you making this video and then putting in the end credits that you're a SP fan (making you neither a SP hater nor a fully committed fan, but rather somewhere in between)

4. Devin says:

Well, I thought it was pretty funny and spot on for South Park. I love South Park too, but I can understand how they often assume intellectual superiority by critiquing extremist views.

6. TheDVDGrouch says:

I guess you do sorta have a point ,even if I think the show did take a pretty strong stand during the whole Mohammad comic strip thing.

I remember South Park did a wiki leaks episode awhile back & at the end I honestly couldn't tell if the message was anti or pro.

I don't know, it doesn't tank balls to take an extreme position on something. Nothing wrong with being middle of the road. But I guess that's just my Gen-X Libertarian side talking.

“Is the fact that you decry South Park for having what you call an “everyone is stupid but us” mentality, but praise Family Guy for doing the same ironic, or hypocritical? “

Naw, it just makes him Bob “Everyone is stupid but me.” Chipman.

9. The Saarai'ari says:

@Anonymous 5:38 Family Guy doesn't nearly play the “everyone is stupid but us” card as much as the South Park guys do. Like or dislike Family Guy or the other work Seth MacFarlane does, they at least for the most part show some balls by taking a side. They may show some flaws that both sides may have, but often one side is better than the other, and they'll side with the viewpoint that is less flawed in the writers viewpoint. Get your facts straight.

On Topic: The video does a decent job of narrowing it down to South Park's problems, though I do think you should of had Kenny killed like many of the others would suggest. Also guys, just because Bob points out a flaw in South Park doesn't mean he hates it. Regardless of South Park's flaws, it remains a funny show with a lot of good episodes.

10. Sarge says:

That was pretty funny until the cop-out at the end. I dunno why you do stuff like that (like apologizing for ripping on Michael Bay). Your critiques range from good to great, but you worry way too much about what commenters think. Just make your point and move on, don't apologize for it. Sheesh.

11. The Saarai'ari says:

@Sarge: On the Michael Bay thing, Bob apologized for calling Michael Bay a douche long ago when he realized that the guy wasn't the bad guy he thought he was. Mostly due to the fact that Bay himself offered $50,000 as a reward on Youtube to anyone who could find and arrest a woman who posed a video of herself throwing a bunch of puppies in a fast moving river. Thanks to that, the woman got caught and it helped Bob see that he's not all that terrible, as he too is a big animal lover. So while Bay still remains a terrible horrible director, and that we don't want his hands on anything regarding any old cartoon franchise's that's adored by us, it doesn't truly make himself a terrible person.

12. Gordy says:

Personal responsibility is an adolescent philosophy?

I get the feeling that you don't know many teenagers, Bob. 🙂

Personally, I have more respect for people who address the flaws on both sides rather than join one side because that's considered the “ballsy” thing to do. God forbid the audience be left to make up their own mind. 😉